Tropical Storm Florence strengthens
Tropical Storm Florence is moving closer to Bermuda.
But forecasters said the storm does not pose a threat to the island at the moment.
The storm’s closest point of approach to Bermuda in the next three days is expected to be 804 nautical miles east south east of Bermuda at 6pm on Thursday.
But the Bermuda Weather Service warned: “However, this system may move closer to Bermuda after this time period depending upon its track.”
The storm was about 1578 nautical miles east south east of the island this evening.
Florence was moving west at 13 knots packing 60 knot winds with gusts of up to 75 knots
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive