Best foot forward: Bermuda Day Parade starts
Thousands of people took to the streets of Hamilton today for the Bermuda Day Parade.
Parade watchers took up their staked out spots with family members and friends along the streets of Hamilton for the annual event, which marks the official start of summer.
The theme of this year's event is “Bermudian Excellence”.
This parade includes about 50 different groups, including bands, dance troupes and Gombeys.
The parade started on Front Street near Albuoys Point.
Participants are scheduled to travel along Front Street, up Court Street, left on to Church Street, down Cedar Avenue and finished at Marsh Folly Road/Dutton Avenue in Pembroke.
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Bermuda denied in gut-wrenching finish
Duffy wins in Beijing
Smith-DeShields picks his spot for Rams
Bascome in a stew over no-ball call
Clemons strikes twice for Bodens
Alert raised for missing senior
Rawlins picked up by Brave in Hundred draft
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive