Cup Match safety meeting
Police and government representatives have discussed Cup Match safety with the management at this year’s venue for the two-day cricket match.
Venue logistics, safety and public transportation were among the topics covered with St George’s Cricket Club.
Lovitta Foggo, the Minister of Labour, Community Affairs and Sport, said the meeting, which included club president Neil Paynter, was part of a series in the run-up to the big game.
She added: “Our discussions centred around providing support to the club as they prepare for this premier sporting event.
“The public will recall that last year the Government committed to assisting both Somerset and St George’s when they host Cup Match.
“We were encouraged by the work done thus far, and we will continue to work with Neil Paynter and the SGCC to ensure a successful event for all to enjoy.”
Cup Match will be played on August 1 and 2.
Second councillor quits in St George
New walk-in clinic delayed
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Somerset steps up for Troy
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive