Global Research poll
Poll: how the Government has responded
More than eight out of ten people have backed the Government’s response to the Covid-19 crisis.
A poll found 85 per cent of people approved of the way the administration had coped.
Just 4 per cent said they disapproved and 11 per cent said they were unsure.
Support was highest among seniors, with 93 per cent of people aged 65 or older backing the Government, compared with 78 per cent of those aged between 18 and 34.
People were also asked for suggestions on how the Government could improve its handling of the crisis.
The survey found:
• 21 per cent wanted stricter enforcement of the curfew
• 15 per cent wanted more transparency about Covid-19 cases
• 15 per cent wanted more coronavirus testing, antibody testing and temperature checks
• 10 per cent wanted a slower reopening process.
The poll found that 80 per cent of people thought a return to normal life before the pandemic finished would pose a moderate to high risk to their health.
The figure was lowest among young people — 69 per cent of people aged between 18 and 34 were concerned over an early return to normality, compared to 86 per cent of people over 55.
People were also asked for suggestions on how the Government and the private sector could help the island recover.
The survey found:
• 18 per cent wanted collaboration
• 9 per cent wanted incentivised local spending to promote small business
• 8 per cent wanted a better social and economic safety net
• 7 per cent wanted better communication with the public
• 6 per cent wanted Civil Service pay cuts.
The survey was carried out by Global Research between May 4 to 7 by phone and online and had a margin of error of +/-5 per cent at the 95 per cent confidence level.
• To view the poll results in full, click on the PDF link under “Related Media
‘Young women seduce older men for sport’
Bermuda may try to attract remote workers
Blu shut for 14 days after Covid-19 breaches
Gunshots fired at Sandys home
Positive virus case arrives on Air Canada
Banana shortage shows need for local produce
Impact of suspending social insurance
Ada Foggo (1928-2020)
Take Our Poll
- "Next cab off the rank for David Burt in national security?"
- Lt-Col David Burch
- Crystal Caesar
- Vance Campbell
- Christopher Famous
- Renee Ming
- Lawrence Scott
- Scott Simmons
- Michael Weeks
- Total Votes: 1891
- Poll Archive