Salvation Army invites you to join congress
• Bethel AME Church: Join us at 9am for workshops led by Rev Dr Deborah Evans with the theme, House Under Construction — Women Building the House. Admission is $10. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Koinonia Training Centre: All are welcome to join our three-day faith dynamics course taught by Vance Russell. Classes take place today, from 8.45am-4pm, at the New Berkeley Institute teacher’s lounge on Berkeley Road, Pembroke. Admission is $150 for degree students and $100 for audit and workshop students. Fees to be paid online before you attend class to Butterfield Bank #060163317001. For information contact Joan Simmons on 236-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Salvation Army Bermuda Divisional Congress: Join our three-day annual congress with special guests Colonels Lee and Deborah Graves and the music and gospel team from Toronto, Canada. All are invited to join us for breakfast/Bible study at 8am and a free concert at 7pm. Tomorrow, attend our worship service at 10.30am and march of witness and open air, at 3pm. The weekend is supported by Majors Frank and Rita Pittman, the Divisional Band and Congress Chorus. All are welcome. Tickets are $10 for today’s breakfast. Events take place at the North Street Citadel, 10 North Street, across from Dellwood School.
• Baha’i National Centre: The film, “Light to the World”, specially produced for the 200th anniversary of the birth of Baha’u’llah, prophet-founder of the Baha’i Faith, will be the focal point of the monthly first Sunday devotional, beginning at 11.15am. The film’s message is one of unity, service and bright promise for the future of humanity. All are welcome. Refreshments follow the devotional and film. 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton. For more information telephone 292-2723 (Baha’i Centre) or 533-1844 (Oonagh Vaucrosson).
• Bermuda District Conference AME Church: A Scars training session for anyone expecting to interact with young people in our church, public schools or other youth organisations/groups. 10am to 1pm at St Philip AME Church. Persons planning to attend must register by Monday, October 30: email@example.com; 293-6629 or 537-3467.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Annual All Saints/Memorial Service at 11am when we remember all who died since last All Saints’ Day. All are invited to attend, especially the relatives and friends of persons deceased during this period. 41 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Allen Temple AME Church: All are welcome to join our Women’s Day services at 8am and 11am with guest speaker Dorothy Hayward of Bethel AME Church, Copaigue, New York. At 4.30pm, join us for “Women In Worship” when the theme will be “Women Using Their Gifts For God” based on 1 Peter 4:10-11, Romans 12:3-8. Sound View Road, Sandys.
Bethel AME Church: Join us for a midweek service at 7.30pm with guest speaker Rev Terrie Berkeley of New Testament Church of God Healing Centre. The theme will be House Under Construction — Women Building the House. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Centenary United Methodist Women will hold their annual Christmas tea and sale from 2pm to 5pm at Stephenson Memorial Hall, Collector’s Hill, and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Delicious home-baked goods, plants, Christmas items and afternoon tea. Bring your friends and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship at this popular event.
• Women Aglow Int: Invites you to our fellowship worship service at 9.45am at Astwood Hall, Church Street. The theme will be “courageousness”, based on Joshua 1: 6-9: Be strong and of good courage … for the Lord your God is with you. Light refreshments will be served. Come and praise The Lord. All are welcome. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Enjoy a day of praise and fellowship with guest speaker Bishop Leroy Greenaway, regional overseer, northeast region USA and Bermuda. At 11am, Friends & Family Service; at 4.30pm Throwback Sunday Service. Light refreshments will be served after. Don’t miss an exciting speaker and a powerful move of God. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• First Church of God, Angle Street: Join us as we celebrate Youth Sunday with the theme: “Overcomers for Christ” based on 1 John 5:4: This is the victory that has overcome the world. Safiya Dyer will speak at our 11am service, Seth Taylor will speak at 4.30pm. 31 Angle Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for our 100 Women in White celebration at 3.30pm. Guest speaker Dame Jennifer Smith, the former premier, will discuss “Women Serving A God of Possibilities”. Selections by Keith Lee and Rickkeesha Binns. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke
• St Mary’s Anglican Church: All are welcome to attend our annual Christmas fair from 10am to 4pm in the church hall. Middle Road, Warwick, across from the rubber tree.
• Restoration House Ministries: Join us for the seventh in our “He Loves Me” conference series. At Crawl Gospel Chapel church hall, 9am-4.30pm. Tickets $130 until October 21 and then $150 until November 4. Tables of 8, $1,000; tables of 4, $520. Tickets available from www.ptix.bm. There will be no tickets available at the door. For details contact 236-2725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bethel AME Church: Annual Women’s Day services with the theme, House Under Construction — Women Building the House. Join us at 11am when our guest speaker will be Kalmar Richards of Mt Zion AME Church. Lunch will be held after the morning service. Tickets are $25. Worship continues at 4pm with guest speaker Rev Yvonne Ramsey of Breath of Life Ministries. Both services will discuss the theme, House Under Construction — Women Building the House. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• St James’ Church with St Michael’s Chapel Somerset: Annual Delicious Thanksgiving Dinner from 3pm-7.30pm. Eat in or take out. Tickets are $25 per person. 90 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For additional information regarding other services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday in each month from 8am to 3pm. Everything is free. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre each Sunday from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care for one another through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s invite you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George’s welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or email@example.com. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George’s invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell when the scripture will be: In Whom Do We Find Our Worth? The sermon topic will be based on Matthew 22: 34-46: “What’s Love Got To Do With It?” 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more information telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Baha’i Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. Held in Baha’i homes between the parishes of Warwick through Sandys. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Contact Randy Vaucrosson on 504-1844 for more information.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.?
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: (Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from drive-in bank.) Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517 for more information.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Rev Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual uplifting classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
e-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”
Shoppers are getting more thrifty
Selfie Mirror: photo booth with a difference
Teacher, tennis mentor and loving mother
Pair bloom on learning programme
Calls for clean-up of ‘national gem’
HMS Pickle is a taste of maritime history
AC35 metalware now part of island’s history
AIG to acquire Validus in $5.56bn deal
Neena dancing her way to success
Kee-Ijah could return to island this month
Mêlée forces match to be abandoned
Flying visit for rare bird
Pipers with bags of music to delight
PHC suffer first defeat of season
Take Our Poll