St Mark’s to hold car boot sale
• St Mark’s Church: All are welcome to our car boot sale in the parish hall from 9am until 2pm. Gifts, clothing, plants, toys, books, homemade baked goods, household goods and bargains galore! Refreshments will be available. All tables have been sold. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. 53 South Road, Smith’s.
• Salvation Army: Invites all to the annual Christmas Kettle Kickoff in front of City Hall at 12.10pm. There will be music from West Pembroke School Choir, Chatmour School Bell Choir, Gina Spence, and the Salvation Army Brass ensemble. All donations go directly towards the Christmas Hamper Assistance programme, so we ask the public to give wherever they see the red kettle.
• Koinonia Training Centre: All are welcome to join our three-day pastoral epistles course with Rev Dr Conway Simmons. Classes take place today and tomorrow, from 5.45pm-7.45pm, and Saturday, from 8.45am-4pm, at the Berkeley Institute teacher’s lounge on Berkeley Road, Pembroke. Admission is $150 for degree students and $100 for audit and workshop students. Fees are payable online to Butterfield Bank 060163317001. For more information contact Joan Simmons on 236-3680 or email@example.com.
• St Paul AME Church: Bermuda District Conference Ushers Ministry of the AME Church presents workshops and a thanksgiving service with the theme: Ushers, Togetherness in Action. Workshops take place today, 6pm-8pm and tomorrow, 9am-12pm. Registration, $15. Join us on Sunday, December 3, when guest speaker Rev Terry Hassell will lead our thanksgiving service honouring presiding elder Rev Betty Furbert-Woolridge and Edward Woolridge at 4pm 59 Court Street, Hamilton.
• St James’s Church: Come and enjoy a variety of foods, crafts, plants and bingo at our Christmas fair. There will also be a fun castle and children’s games, great music by Somerset Brigade Band and a visit from Santa over lunch time. 10am to 4pm at the church hall. 90 Somerset Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: Invites all to come and have fellowship, food and fun at our Christmas pop-up thrift shop. 10am to 4pm. Call 293-5415 to registrar your table. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Pre-Christmas table sale from 9am-4pm in Astwood Hall, the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets. Gifts, baked goods and refreshments will be on sale. To reserve a table: 236-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chapel of Ease Church: St David’s Guild Christmas bazaar at St Peter’s Church hall. Lunches, baked goods, crafts, white elephant and books, from 9am to 4pm. For more information telephone 297-1217 or 297-1440. Queen Street, St George.
• Women Aglow Int: Invites you to our fellowship worship service at 9.45am. Camille Trott of Peace Lutheran Church will speak on the theme of “Courageousness” based on Joshua 1: 6-9: Be strong and of good courage … for the Lord your God is with you. Light refreshments will be served. Come and praise the Lord. All are welcome. For more information telephone Brenda Webb on 293-0955. Astwood Hall, 49 Church Street.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
e-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”
Burt faces PLP opposition over 60:40 rule
Popular mariner to be buried at sea
Notional salaries set to be targeted
Cautious welcome for new sugar tax
Taxi drivers to pay new $1,000 annual charge
Pensions to rise at rate of inflation
Take Our Poll