Insurance firm Freisenburch-Meyer is dealing with an estimated 18 months’ worth of claims in the space of a week after Bermuda was hit by two storms.Now staff at the Front Street firm are processing claims and visiting clients whose homes...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Oct 23, 2014
I’m in college, but I’m not the typical college student.
- Oct 18, 2014 8:00 am
- Dave says ‘Do not invest in ‘vague educational goals’
- Should you continue tithing while you’re getting out of debt?
- Have something to share?
- To contact the News Desk call 278-0133 or 278-0137
- To contact the Business Desk call 278-0140 or 278-0142
- To contact the Sports Desk call 280-0140 or 278-0141
- To contact the Lifestyle/Island Life/Calendar Desk call 280-0140 or 278-0141
- To contact the Photo Desk call 278-0166
A shortage of roof slate has hit the Island in the wake of a double whammy from Tropical Storm Fay and Hurricane...
Catastrophe modelling firm AIR Worldwide estimates that insured losses in Bermuda from Hurricane Gonzalo will range between...
Organisers say next month’s Bermuda Convergence 2014 will go ahead, despite storm damage to the tent that was intended to host...
- Digicel almost back to 100 percent capacity
- Ceres names Ace Ltd, XL Group and Allianz as climate change related risk leaders
- European leaders use QuoVadis certificate to sign regulation into effect
- Insurance boss: As bad as it was, we dodged a big one
- No trades on the BSX
- Ace posts $785m quarterly profit
- Ascendant falls 0.8%
- Air Care warns of storm damage to air-conditioning systems
- Argyll heads for home as maritme life returns to normal
- Insurers flooded with calls — but damage is not ‘Fabian-sized’
- Report — Google mulls scrapping of Bermuda subsidiary
- Logic, TBI internet service operational
- Fitch: Gonzalo insured losses below Fabian
- BTC and Digicel make progress on reconnecting customers
- Modellers: Eye of storm spared us a worse hit
- Duperreault: Reinsurers must adapt to ‘new world of risk’
- Insurers deal with hundreds of claims
- Digicel restores more than 90% capacity
- BTC — ‘some time’ before all lines restored
- Delay warning from double-hit courier service
- Tax deadline extended until Friday
- Immigration issues emergency work permits
- Insurers busy with hurricane claims
- Butterfield sole trader on BSX
- Hiscox gives new roles to Island-based pair
- ILS on track for record year
- Ascendant slips 0.8%
- Digicel and CellOne make progress on repairs
- Banks to reopen on Monday
Two lives, two lawyers, one love
Belco battles to make progress
Fay 1500 on 10 days without power
Power problems persist
Gonzalo could have cost tourism $1m a day
Overseas help arrives to assist Belco
Belco: Connect generators properly
Grand Atlantic planning decision deferred
Going off the grid may be a powerful move
Quick-thinking museum staff praised
Take Our Poll