X-Roads held by Wolves

Make text smaller Make text larger

  • Jarye Bean, the X-Roads defender, sticks out a boot to knock the ball away from Shacoi Daniels of Wolves yesterday at the BFA Field (Photograph by Lawrence Trott)

    Jarye Bean, the X-Roads defender, sticks out a boot to knock the ball away from Shacoi Daniels of Wolves yesterday at the BFA Field (Photograph by Lawrence Trott)

X-Roads blew their chance to clinch the First Division title yesterday after St Davidís gave them a helping hand by beating Young Menís Social Club at Lordís.

However, X-Roads will have to wait until two weeks before being confirmed as champions after they could only manage a 1-1 draw with Wolves in a match switched from Police Field to BFA Field at the Clyde Best Centre of Excellence.

X-Roads still need a point in their final match against Paget Lions on April 2 to seal the title.

After a minuteís silence was observed for former Wolves player Raymond Butterfield, Wolves took just 47 seconds to break the deadlock when Steven Bremar slotted home.

X-Roads equalised in the 66th minute when Jorge Sanchez, just on as a substitute, spotted goalkeeper Jahhi Shakir off his line and hit a long-range shot over his head.

Paul Simons then had two efforts ruled out in the space of two minutes as X-Roads were denied a late winner. The first effort was called back for offside and the second for a foul on Torry Davis, the Wolves player-coach.

St Davidís beat Social Club 4-1 loss at Lordís where Diego McCallan scored twice, while Andrew Paynter also got on the scoresheet.

Otis Minors, a second-half substitute, closed out the scoring.

Paget thrashed Hamilton Parish 8-3 with DeMarlo Curtis hitting four goals, while Kushae Hypolite scored twice and Dion Stovell and Koshun Durrant got one apiece. Stovell opened the scoring after just 28 seconds before Curtis scored three times, completing his hat-trick with a penalty.

Curtis and Hypolite added a goal apiece in the second half before Hypolite missed from the penalty spot. Durrant closed out the scoring in the 89th minute. Parish, who started with ten men, got goals from Caylon Wade, Tareek Webb, with a penalty, and Romone Smith.

Donovan Thompson netted twice as St Georgeís beat Ireland Rangers 4-1 at Malabar Field, while Southampton Rangers failed to field a team for their home match against BAA.

You must be registered or signed-in to post comment or to vote.

Published Mar 20, 2017 at 8:00 am (Updated Mar 20, 2017 at 1:10 am)

X-Roads held by Wolves

What you
Need to
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon

  • Take Our Poll

    Today's Obituaries