Brawling players facing punishment from BFA
Players involved in a mêlée that forced the abandonment of a First Division match between Wolves and Devonshire Colts at Devonshire Recreation Club are facing disciplinary action.
Referee Cassandra Trott halted proceedings in the 75th minute after a fight broke out between players from both teams last weekend.
Visiting side Colts were leading 3-0 at the time after a brace from Teneko Eve and Cameron Coffey goal. The incident is being investigated by the Bermuda Football Association.
“The BFA is reviewing the reports from the referees and match commissioner and other relevant persons before taking any additional actions against any offending players,” the BFA told The Royal Gazette in a statement. It remains unclear whether the game will be replayed.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive