Singleton carries torch in South Korea
Patrick Singleton, the three-times Winter Olympian, carried the Olympic torch in a mountain village just outside Pyeongchang, South Korea, two days before the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.
Singleton, who serves on the IOC athletes commission, said on Tuesday: “It’s one of those once in a lifetime things and I didn’t think I’d get the chance. It was really cool.”
“The people came out and they cheering and supporting the event; it was fantastic.”
The Bermudian competed in the luge at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan, and in 2002 in Utah, before switching to the skeleton for the Torino Games in 2006.
The Winter Olympics starts today and runs until February 25.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive