Wilkinson and Iris strike gold
Garon Wilkinson and Talia Iris claimed a gold medals at the Pan American Kungfu Championships in San Jose, California, this weekend.
Wilkinson, making his debut in the masters category, won the soft weapons, took silver in the Northern open hand and silver in the two-man fighting set competing alongside Bermuda team-mate with Kaelin Cox.
Iris seized gold in the open hand tai chi and silver in the straight sword tai chi. Cox was also second in long weapons and fourth in the Southern open hand form.
In the 18 to 39 age category, Kent Bean Jr was second in short weapons and tenth in Northern open hand. Meanwhile, Kentaro Bean came 26th in Northern open hand form and fifth in short weapons in the 12 to 17-year-old division.
Bermuda picked up seven medals at the competition, two gold and five silver.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive