Flabby thighs no more
Inner thighs rub together? This is a major annoyance for many women in the summer and is often the reason they opt to wear trousers.
Certified personal trainer Lisa Weekes works with clients at Magnum, Body Fit and 24-Hour Fitness gyms. She said firming this problem area can in many instances solve this problem entirely.
This week she suggests a weighted squat. To see Lisa demonstrate the technique at Magnum gym visit the Gazette online.
Weighted squat Technique
1) Stand erect legs wide apart toes pointing sideways.
2) Hold a twenty pound weight with both hands between you legs
3) Keeping your back erect, slowly bend your knees - do not let your knees go over your toes
4) Hold your position for three breaths
5) Exhaling straighten your legs
6) Repeat 3 - 5
7) Do three sets of 25, three times a week.