Bermuda Press shares climb 3.8%
Bermuda Press (Holdings) Ltd was the biggest gainer in Bermuda Stock Exchange trading today, its shares climbing 3.8 per cent on unusually high volume.
Shares of BPHL, which owns The Royal Gazette, as well as commercial printing, real estate and retail interests, added 25 cents to close on a new 52-week high of $6.75 as 24,100 of its shares changed hands.
Argus Group Holdings Ltd was one of two stocks to decline. The insurer's shares fell 18 cents, or 4.6 per cent, to close on $3.72, as 440 shares traded.
Butterfield Bank also slipped 25 cents, or 0.5 per cent, to close on $51, as 2,800 shares changed hands.
Ascendant Group remained unchanged on $16.30 as 404 shares traded.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index fell 14.52 points, or 0.5 per cent, to close on 2,875.29.
The BSX Insurance Index fell 13.57 points, or 0.72 per cent, to close on 1,884.2.
Meanwhile, One Communications Ltd announced in a regulatory filing with the BSX that it repurchased 6,144 of its common shares at an average price of $2.89 for immediate cancellation during August.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service