BF&M shares gain 3.4% on BSX
Shares of BF&M Ltd gained 3.4 per cent in Bermuda Stock Exchange trading.
The insurer gained 75 cents to close on $23, a new 52-week high, as 2,000 shares changed hands.
Butterfield was the only other stock to trade on Friday. The bank gained 25 cents, or 0.7 per cent, to close on $38.25 as 1,109 shares changed hands.
Butterfield’s US-listed shares also moved higher, gaining 70 cents, or 1.87 per cent, to close on $38.13 on the New York Stock Exchange, on below-average volume of 109,153 shares.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index gained 20.26 points, or 0.78 per cent, to close on 2,604.04. For the week, the index fell 2.51 per cent, driven a 3.4 per cent drop in the value of Butterfield shares over the five trading days.
The BSX Insurance Index added 7.7 points, or 0.46 per cent, to close on 1,695.17.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service