Bank shares lower for the week on NYSE
The RG/BSX Index was down 108.38 points (5.21 per cent) for the week to 2,079.17, pulled down by the Bank of Butterfield, which closed at $27.75, down $2.25 (7.5 per cent).
Also down for the week was Argus Group Holdings Ltd., lower by 25 cents (4.3 per cent) at $5.55 after 1,100 shares traded.
The other insurance stock trading was BF&M Ltd., down by $2 or 11.1 per cent to $20.00 on trading of 9,773 shares.
The changes for the week came after significant moves on Friday, including an index fall of 388.83 points (15.75 per cent). The most significant was the Bank of Butterfield’s precipitous fall by $7.25 (20.7 per cent).
The bank price fell in New York Friday by six cents (0.22 per cent) to $27.00 on the New York Stock Exchange.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service