Drive for Change at Gorham’s
The Drive for Change campaign will be out in force at Gorham's this weekend.
People are invited to meet road safety campaigners and win prizes this weekend at two special events at the Pembroke hardware store.
The Royal Gazette's Drive for Change campaign will have a stall at a Home Fair event from 10am to 4pm tomorrow and those who have been lobbying for safer roads will be available to meet the public inside the store entrance on Sunday from 12pm to 3pm.
Gorham's is the title sponsor of Drive for Change and has dedicated its display wall to promoting the campaign and road safety.
There will be prizes for customers who “like” the Drive for Change Facebook page: $100 Gorham's gift voucher and road safety goodie bag for first place and $50 and road safety goodie bag for second place. Winners will be chosen at random.
A spokeswoman for Drive for Change said: “Road safety has been at the top of the agenda in recent months not least due to the introduction of roadside sobriety checkpoints.
“Bermuda's road safety advocates have worked hard to push for this significant step towards safer roads but we still have a long way to go.
“We encourage everyone to come and visit our stall to learn more about the movement and get involved in the exciting plans we have ahead.
“We thank Gorham's for this unique opportunity to engage with the public on this important issue.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service