Crime pair in court
A male and female crime duo have appeared in Magistrates’ Court charged with a series of thefts.
Devon Foggo, 41 of Hamilton Parish and Latuanya Griffin, 28 of Pembroke, both denied stealing cash, an iPod and a briefcase with two passports and watches with a total value of $4,182, when they appeared before Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo, yesterday.
They also denied dishonestly receiving a stolen Capital G card belonging to James Gibbons following their crime spree on January 26.
Foggo is further charged with using the card falsely at the Collectors Hill Apothecary three times on the same day to buy $400 worth of cartons of Marlboro cigarettes, which he denied.
Griffin pled not guilty to an additional charge of using the card falsely at Heron Bay MarketPlace and dishonestly obtaining a bottle of Hennessey valued at $58.35, plus liquor and two cartons of cigarettes from Harrington Hundreds and Maxi Mart. The liquor purchased included a bottle of Dewars White Label, Cockspur and Chivas Regal.
Magistrate Tokunbo ordered Foggo to wear an electronic tag because he is currently on probation before releasing him on $5,000 bail. Griffin was released on $5,000 bail with one surety.
The case was set down for March 25.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service