Pair charged with smuggling heroin worth nearly $3m
Two people were yesterday charged with smuggling heroin worth nearly $3 million to the Island.
Takia Trott, 25, of Devonshire and Seanee Smith, 26, of Hamilton Parish were both charged in Magistrates’ Court with conspiring to import diamorphine and possessing diamorphine with intent to supply on February 13.
The total value of the drugs involved was estimated to be $2.89 million.
Mr Trott was further charged with a single count of laundering the proceeds of drug trafficking between January 28 and 29.
They were not required to plea to the charges because the matter must be heard by the Supreme Court.
Senior Magistrate Archibald Warner released both defendants on $30,000 bail with each requiring a surety of the same amount. He further ordered both defendants surrender their travel documents, and report to the police on a weekly basis.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service