Jerome Wilson elected Bar Council president
Jerome Wilson has been elected president of the Bar Council, with Kehinde George as vice-president and Keith Robinson as honorary secretary.
The three were selected at the Annual General Meeting of the Bermuda Bar Association held last week.
Mr Wilson, who was vice-president, succeeds George N.H. Jones who steps down after serving as president for two years. Mr Robinson succeeds Helen Cooper.
The association also elected five members in addition to Kathy Lynn Simmons, the Attorney-General, as an ex officio member.
Members for the coming year are Mr Jones, Mark Pettingill, Sara-Ann Tucker, Chiara Nannini and Angelita Dill.
The Bar Council holds responsibility for the management of association affairs.
This includes promoting legal education, overseeing conduct of Bar members, and the issuance, revocation and suspension of practising certificates.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service