Somerset brush aside rivals Cuts to complete league double
Somerset cruised to a comfortable five wicket win over Willow Cuts in the Twenty20 League Premier Division at White Hill Field yesterday to complete the league double over their west end rivals.
The visitors restricted their hosts to 143 for three with Isaiah Richardson, Alje Richardson and Dalin Richardson claiming a wicket each.
Somerset then replied with 144 for five in 18.4 overs with opener Chris Douglas and Jordan DeSilva, the captain, leading the run chase with 38 apiece.
Cuts elected to bat after winning the toss and made a decent start with captain Kwasi James and Kamal Bashir adding 30 for the first wicket.
Alje Richardson made the initial breakthrough when he bowled Bashir for 11 in the sixth over.
James and Dwight Basden added 19 runs for the second wicket to steady the ship before the latter spooned a return catch to Dalin Richardson.
Cuts captain James reached his half century off 44 balls in 51 minutes during an 84 run partnership with Ros Solomon Burrows, the highest of the match.
Burrows was the last Cuts wicket to fall in the penultimate over of the innings after gathering 34 from 30 balls with two fours and as many sixes.
James finished unbeaten on 79 from 59 balls with five sixes and six fours.
Somerset received useful contributions throughout their order to remain firmly on course in reply to their hosts modest total, with Alje Richardson (16), Dalin Richardson (15), Jade Morrissey (12) and Greg Maybury Jr (10) also managing double figures.
DeSilva and Maybury shared in a match winning 31 run sixth wicket stand that carried Somerset safely across the line with eight balls to spare.
Kevon Fubler was the pick of the Cuts bowling with two for 28 while Micah Simons, Antonio Darrell and Bashir claimed one wicket each.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service