Free Pee Wee cricket sessions for children aged 5 to 7
The Bermuda Cricket Board is hoping to capitalise on the meet-and-greet with the national team squad by hosting free coaching sessions for children aged 5 to 7.
The free sessions, which will take place on four consecutive Saturdays between March 4 and March 25 at Bermuda College gymnasium, have been introuduced as part of the Pee Wee ‘Have a Go’ cricket programme with Athene Life Re as title sponsor.
The Bermuda reinsurance company sponsored last season’s senior T20 league and the company is delighted to assist the development of future generations of cricketers.
“We are excited to sponsor the 2023 Pee Wee Programme and support the development of youth cricket in Bermuda,” said Natasha Scotland Courcy, general counsel and chief operations officer at Athene.
“Athene is committed to investing in our community and bettering the lives of Bermuda’s youth through sport in a safe and fun environment.”
Kellie Smith, vice-president and development officer at the BCB, has welcomed the link-up and is confident the sessions will be influential on those who attend.
“On behalf of the Bermuda Cricket Board, I would like to thank Athene Life Re for supporting the Pee Wee Programme.
“Pee Wee is a fun, engaging entry-level programme that introduces children to cricket. Playing cricket at an early age enhances a child’s development, motor, social skills and confidence. We are pleased to be working with Athene once again for the 2023 cricket season.”
Pee Wee is free of charge, open to girls and boys ages two sessions being hosted at 1:00 pm and 2:15 pmevery Saturday.
Parents can register their players on the Cricket Bermuda website. Those wanting more information can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 292-8958.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service