Delray Rawlins hits 92 off 31 balls as Sussex 2nd XI excel in T20 friendlies
Bermuda cricket captain Delray Rawlins was in magnificent form for the Sussex Second XI in a T20 doubleheader yesterday.
Rawlins hit 92 not out off just 31 balls and took four wickets in his side’s second match of the day against the South Asian Cricket Academy, which they won by nine wickets.
Opening the batting alongside Harrison Ward and chasing the South Asian Cricket Academy’s target of 127, Rawlins smashed eight fours and eight sixes as his team knocked off the runs in just 9.2 overs.
Rawlins was also his side’s best bowler, taking four wickets for 16 runs in his four overs.
In the first of the friendly matches played at Horsham Cricket Club in England, Rawlins contributed 18 runs off seven balls.
Former England all-rounder Ravi Bopara, the Sussex T20 captain, led the scoring with 61 runs from 29 balls at number three. Dan Ibrahim, in to bat at four, was the next highest scorer with an unbeaten 45, while Ward chipped in with 44 as Sussex posted 227 for five.
Rawlins picked up one wicket for 26 runs with his left-arm spin in four overs as the Asian Cricket Academy could manage only 131 for seven.
Fast bowler Tymal Mills was the pick of the bowlers for Sussex with three wickets for ten runs in four overs and leg spinner Archie Lenham had two for 19.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service