Kamau Leverock helps Scorpions get off to flyer
Bermuda all-rounder Kamau Leverock helped Florida Scorpions get their Unity Cup T20 Tournament campaign off to a perfect start with a nine-wicket victory over Daddy’s Kingsmen in Washington.
Leverock proved the pick of the Scorpions’ bowling attack, finishing with figures of two for 30 as Kingsmen were restricted to 148 for 6 from their allotted 20 overs, with Ali Nasir top scoring with 50.
The 28-year also made a telling contribution with the bat, scoring 28 runs off 24 balls, including four fours and a six. Leverock’s was the only wicket to fall, with Scorpions easing to 150 in 15.3 overs. Andre Fletcher proved to be the standout player, with a knock of 77 not out.
This is Leverock’s third stint with the Scorpions. He previously played for the club alongside compatriot Delray Rawlins in the US Open Cricket T20 tournament, with the team reaching the semi-finals.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service