Teen admits trying to steal cycle
A teen who partially dismantled a motorcycle outside a Warwick home has admitted in Magistrates’ Court to attempted theft.
Allen Donavan, 18, used a wrench to remove bolts from a bike outside a residence on Warwickshire Road at 9.30am on January 18.
But the court heard that an upstairs neighbour spotted Donavan, who ran after the alarm was raised.
Police on patrol were summoned, and found Donavan in a neighbouring property, where he told officers he was waiting for a friend.
The complainant discovered his bike had been tampered with.
Donavan was found with a wrench and two bolts in his pocket, and admitted taking apart the vehicle’s wheel in an attempt to take it.
Senior Magistrate Archibald Warner granted bail of $1,000 on one surety, and ordered a social report before the May 30 sentencing date.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service