Pair rob pizza deliveryman
Two men with bladed weapons robbed a Four Star Pizza deliveryman on Friday night.
The two suspects approached the deliveryman near the top of Bostock Hill East in Paget and demanded money at about 10pm.
A police spokesman said: “A small quantity of cash was handed over and both suspects made their escape, running down the hill.
“The Four Star employee was not hurt. An extensive search for the two offenders, described as approximately 5ft 8in of slim build wearing dark coloured clothing was conducted, but they remain at large.”
Marico Thomas, who owns the pizza franchise, said the driver was shaken by the incident but unharmed.
Mr Thomas said: “Any time that you have an incident where someone is trying to take something away from you, you are going to be somewhat shaken up. It's not a positive experience.
“It's something that we know is a possibility. It is something that we train for, and there are procedures in place for it.”
Mr Thomas said that deliverymen carry as little cash as possible.
He said: “All you are going to get is $25, and hopefully police action that will be swift.”
Mr Thomas added: “I'm pleased that we have precautions in place. Unfortunately, this is the type of thing we have to deal with sometimes.
“We are very aware of this, and that we have to be responsible to our employees my making sure we are keeping them safe.”
Witnesses should call the Criminal Investigation Department on 247-1744 or Crimestoppers on 800-8477.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service