Kaden Hopkins helps French team maintain strong form
Kaden Hopkins helped French team Vendée U maintain their strong form as his team-mate Nicola Marcerou claimed victory in the fourth edition of the Tour des 4B Sud Charente race on Sunday.
Again playing a key support role, the 22-year-old gave an astute ride over the 151.1 kilometre course in Brossac, South West France, as Marcerou went on to clinch the win in a time of 3hr 39min 48sec, pipping both Oliver Knight, of AVC Aix-en-Provence and Maxime Jarnet, of Go Sport-Roubaix Lille Métropole.
Hopkins ultimately crossed the line in 3:40:24 to finish 15th and that performance came just a day after the Bermudian rider finished in 24th-place in the eleventh edition of the Le Poinçonnet-Panazol Limoges Métropole race.
Taking on a challenging 159.6km course between the suburbs of Le Poinçonnet and Panazol, Hopkins clocked a time of 3:53:55, slightly more than two minutes adrift of race winner Killian Theot, of VC Rouen 76, and finished as the second Vendée U rider over the line, behind Baptiste Vadic in thirteenth.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service