Robin Horsfield to defend national mountain bike title
Robin Horsfield is set to return to the island to defend his national mountain bike title this month.
The National Championships will take place on March 26 at Southlands and Horsfield should feel at home as he was one of the original architects of trail additions at the parklands in Warwick.
Horsfield, who is studying at university in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, will be using the championships as preparation for the Pan American Championships in Brazil in late April, with the Bermuda Bicycle Association securing funds to assist him.
It will be Horsfield's first international event since his World Cup appearances in France and Andorra in 2019 and his third-place finish at the Caribbean Championships in the Dominican Republic later that same year.
Horsfield, who is ranked second in the province of Ontario, will be shifting his focus towards Canada's national level series, the Canada Cup.
The country provides a strong development path as the national events include riders who have won world championships and world cups, as well as numerous other world-ranked riders.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service