Senior schools to re-open classrooms to pupils next week
Berkeley Institute and CedarBridge Academy pupils will return to their classrooms on Monday, the Ministry of Education confirmed yesterday.
The news that the schools would open their doors to pupils on Monday came two weeks after the start of the new term.
A spokeswoman for the ministry said: "The Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory confirmed a testing schedule for both schools this weekend.
“School leaders will communicate the testing schedule directly to parents, students and staff.”
The education ministry was forced to implement a “staggered” return to the classroom because of delays in the turnaround of test results and the Omicron surge in coronavirus cases, although other schools have since returned.
The ministry did not respond to questions about absentee rates for pupils and teachers since the return to school.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service