Scholarship recipients asked to help to find their successors
One of Bermuda’s largest scholarship providers is looking for new committee members - ideally recent beneficiaries of the awards.
Centennial Bermuda Foundation, which awards approximately $950,000 in scholarships each year, is seeking past recipients to apply for one of two available spots on its Scholarship Committee. The committee reviews scholarship applications and makes recommendations for up to 22 scholarships and awards each year.
Prospective applicants must have graduated from a post-secondary education and have received a Centennial Scholarship (formerly Bank of Bermuda Foundation) between 2005-2020.
Allison Towlson, Centennial’s managing director, said: “It’s important to have people on the committee who have gone through the process of successfully applying for a scholarship. We believe their insights will help us to enhance students’ application experience in a relevant and meaningful way.
“Successful candidates will also assist Centennial with implementing a scholarship programme that will support student success.”
Ideal skills and experiences listed by the foundation include a history of community involvement, a passion for the community, leadership skills, sound and thoughtful judgment, and clear communication skills.
The foundation is also encouraging past recipients from diverse backgrounds to consider applying for a committee member position.
Ms Towlson said: “Centennial holds inclusion, diversity, equity, and access at the forefront of our work, and we encourage alumni from a broad cross-section of the community to apply, whether that’s age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability or socio-economic background. Diverse perspectives will enrich the Committee’s decision-making in support of our whole community.”
More details about the position and the application form are available at www.centennial.bm/resources/
The deadline is March 15. Questions can be sent to email@example.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service