Belco scholarship applications close on Saturday
Applications for Belco’s scholarships will be capped off this Saturday, the electric company reminded pupils yesterday.
The scholarships, provided by the Belco Scholarship Selection Committee, are designed to give university students opportunities to study fields that could improve Belco and the island’s energy system.
Wayne Caines, the president of Belco, said: “At Belco, we are building a sustainable energy company that will require new knowledge and skills from our employees, and these scholarships are critical for our future development.
“We are also continuing our long and distinguished record of giving back to the community, especially by providing scholarships and awards to young Bermudians.
“With the deadline to apply for our scholarships fast approaching, I encourage those interested in these fields and who are motivated to build a career at a great company to submit an application so that the next generation of Bermudians will have the knowledge and skills to help us achieve our future sustainability goals.”
The Llewellyn Vorley Engineering Scholarship will offer $25,000 a year for four years to students hoping to further their education in engineering sciences.
The Belco STEM Education Awards are open to those studying for an undergraduate degree in mathematics, technology, engineering or sciences.
The scholarship will last one year and can vary between $2,500 and $25,000. The amount of cash and number of scholarships will be at the discretion of the Belco Scholarship Selection Committee.
The AT Oughton Post Graduate Business and Finance Scholarship will offer $25,000 for one year and will be reserved for a graduate-level student studying in the business or finance fields.
The C. Eugene Cox Post Graduate Environmental Studies and Sustainability Scholarship will offer as much as $25,000 a graduate student in disciplines such environmental studies, information technology or engineering.
For more information or to apply for a scholarship, visit the Belco website.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service