BUEI launches fundraising campaign
A marine science centre months away from its 25th anniversary has started a fundraising campaign leading up to its anniversary.
The Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute kicked off its campaign with a silent auction to raise money for its education and outreach programmes.
The 12 items, which include dining and vacation experiences, will be available next Monday.
Karla Lacey, the chief executive officer of BUEI, said: “The demand for BUEI’s educational programmes has more than doubled over the past year and the continued voluntary engagement of high school and college students via our Youth Climate Summit initiative and the internationally recognised Eco-Schools Programme is extraordinary given its participant diversity.
“The positive generational impact of our work hasn’t stopped thanks to the support of BUEI members, donors and partners.”
The auction is a part of a larger campaign leading up to BUEI’s anniversary in July.
Ms Lacey said: “As we celebrate 25 years of nurturing Bermuda’s next generation of ocean advocates, educators, and leaders, BUEI’s vision to ensure the ocean around Bermuda is widely understood, appreciated and protected remains as relevant today as it was when we first opened our doors.”
To view all the experiences offered, click here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service