Somersfield appoints Riki Teteina as principal
Somersfield Academy has a new head of school.
Riki Teteina stepped into the role today and succeeded Janice Outerbridge, who has been interim head since September 2022.
Mr Teteina brings vast international and educational experience to Somersfield and has helped to run schools in Britain, Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand.
He plans to ensure that the school continues to inspire socially conscious learners.
“I am excited to be stepping into an institution that already offers this through a unique formula of Montessori and International Baccalaureate curricula,” he said.
Dennis Fagundo, the chairman of Somersfield’s board of directors, is excited about what Mr Teteina will bring to the table.
He added: “Since his first visit to our school last summer, he has warmly embraced its special character.
“He has a strong vision for continuing and building on the excellent work the school does.”
Mr Fagundo also thanked Ms Outerbridge for her hard work.
“Since September, Ms Outerbridge has ensured the school weathered the storm of Covid, sought peace and harmony throughout the school community and kept the ship sailing in alignment with our strategy,” he said.
Mr Teteina was previously principal of Newton Central School in Auckland, New Zealand, and previously worked for international schools in Thailand and Indonesia.
While at Newton Central, Mr Teteina spoke publicly about his commitment to student learning and was critical of the administrative burden placed on principals in that system.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service