Truell Landy awarded scholarship to attend fundraising conference
One of the leaders of Shift Bermuda, which works with young people, has been awarded a scholarship to attend the international conference of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Truell Landy, the executive director of Shift Bermuda, has been given the Chamberlain Scholarship Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Bermuda Chapter.
Shift, which was previously known as Pride Bermuda, offers prevention programmes that focus on social emotional skills for a restorative approach to encompass all risk behaviours.
The AFP international conference takes place in New Orleans from April 14-18 and is a combination of education, networking and inspiration, an AFP spokeswman said. The the keynote speaker this year is ballerina, author and philanthrophist Misty Copeland.
Ms Landy was nominated by AFP Bermuda co-presidents Ann Spencer-Arscott and Katie Bennett, who said: “We are so excited for Truell to attend the AFP conference. It is a wonderful opportunity for her to gain new skills, strengthen her role as a professional fundraiser, and bring new knowledge back to Bermuda.”
Ms Landy said: “I have been interested in attending AFP conference for quite some time after hearing the inspiring testimonies of others who have attended. As I and my colleague Samantha Smith have been deepening our knowledge of the fundraising field, this was the next step in the process. I am honoured to have been selected to represent the Bermuda chapter this year.”
AFP Bermuda invests in and supports the mentoring, training and development of professionals involved in raising funds in Bermuda.
For information about AFP Global visit: https://afpglobal.org and for information on the AFP Bermuda chapter, membership and upcoming workshops, contact Ann Spencer-Arscott at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katie Bennett at email@example.com.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service