Butterfield backs children’s sport charity
A youth programme putting children on a healthy course in life is being backed by Butterfield Bank.
The Family Centre’s Beyond Rugby and Beyond Yoga programmes are set to deliver more than 100 sessions this year for roughly 90 public school students to benefit from additional support.
The Beyond programmes are designed to bring down barriers to taking part in sport.
They also promote physical health and mental wellbeing, and encourage young people to choose positive lifestyles, resist antisocial behaviour and achieve academic progress.
Beyond Rugby Bermuda is run in partnership with CedarBridge Academy and the Berkeley Institute while Beyond Yoga Bermuda is run in partnership with Dellwood Middle School.
Coaching and support staff are trained to work with youth who may show trauma-based behaviour.
All students are provided with a snack during training, a meal afterwards and transportation home.
Butterfield said it was “pleased to be able to support Family Centre in its mission to provide education opportunities that encourage healthy lifestyles and mental wellbeing for young people in our community”.
Sandy De Silva, the executive director of the Family Centre, said: “Family Centre is incredibly grateful for Butterfield’s commitment and support offered towards our Beyond programmes through their sponsorship of the transportation costs.
“We provide transportation for the youth in our Beyond Programmes at no cost to families, ensuring that there is no barrier to participation in the programmes and that our students arrive home safely after each session.
“Butterfield’s support helps to strengthen our island’s youth and effect positive, long-term change in our community.”
Details on the programmes are available at the charity’s website.
Students who would like to take part should speak to their guidance counsellors at Dellwood Middle School, CedarBridge Academy and the Berkeley Institute.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service