Students encouraged to submit artwork for annual competition
Students of all ages are being encouraged to create artwork of their “happy place” for an annual art competition.
Submissions are being accepted for the seventh annual Mirrors student art and digital competition, which has “My Happy Place” as its theme.
The Mirrors programmeaims to change lives through personal development training and coaching.
Jeanene Todd, Mirrors’ programme manager, said: “Self-expression remains one of the core values of the Mirrors programme and each year we look forward to providing an opportunity for our youth to express themselves.
“Our youth have so much to share with us and we hope that this year, as they share about ‘my happy place’, we can all see and appreciate the world through their eyes.”
Primary, middle and high school students can submit work up to 11in-by-17in big and digital pieces, which must be uploaded online, can be up to 90 seconds long.
Participants have until 5pm on June 23 to either submit or drop their pieces off at Masterworks Museum.
The works will be featured in a special exhibition at the museum from June 30 to July 25.
For more information about the contest, call Joanne Woods on 599-8456 or the Mirrors office on 294-9291.
The entry form and competition requirements can be found here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service