Cody Rego continues fine form with victory in Florida
Cody Rego continued his impressive form with a successful outing at the Winter Equestrian Festival in Florida on Sunday.
Competing on board Ironman, the Bermudian Equestrian clinched first place in the ASPCA Maclay class in the Section A Division to gain valuable points in his attempt to qualify for the Maclay finals, which will be held at the National Horse Show from October 25 to November 5.
To reach the finals, riders must first qualify to compete in the Maclay regionals. In order to qualify for regionals, riders compete in Maclay classes held at United States Equestrian Federation-sanctioned horse shows throughout the qualifying period, which ends on August 31.
Only riders securing the requisite points are invited to compete at regional events. Qualified riders vie for the top placings in those events to then advance to the prestigious finals.
As well as claiming success in the Maclay class, Ironman and Rego were also in dominant form in the Washington International Horse Show class, finishing first in the Hunter Phase with an impressive score of 93 before going on to claim second place in the Jumper Phase, which was good enough to clinch victory in the WIHS overall Division.
That form stands Rego in good stead ahead of the WIHS finals, which will be held from October 23 to 29.
Rego also went on to finish third in the Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Section to cap off a memorable day.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service