Casey Truran claims top honours in Carolina
Bermuda equestrian Casey Truran achieved top honours in the final regular season Intercollegiate Horse Show Association event.
Competing for the Savannah College of Art and Design earlier this month, Truran earned individual High Point Rider honours with first place in the Open Over Fences class and second place in the Open Flat class, while his team were crowned reserve champion with a total score of 35 points.
Those performances also ensured Truran was declared reserve champion in the IHSA Regional 5 Zone 5 point rider standings, while his SCAD team were named show champions with a score of 427, with the University of Florida the reserve champions with a total score of 336.
A day later the SCAD team returned to competition in the annual ISHA Zone 5 Regional Championships.
Continuing their fine form, eight of the team, including Truran, successfully qualified for the Zone 5 Finals to be held at the Ronald C Waranch Equestrian Centre in South Carolina, on April 1, when the top collegiate teams and individuals will progress to the IHSA National Championships.
In addition to securing qualifying, the Cacchione Cup was awarded to team member Celia Cram, while Truran was named reserve champion. He was also named champion in the Open Flat Division and placed sixth in the Open Over Fences class.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service