MarketPlace extends discount days
MarketPlace stores have extended their discount days scheme until at least the end of March 2021, it was announced today.
A spokesman said the grocery store chain will continue to offer 5 per cent discounts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday through the first quarter of the new year, along with a daily 5 per cent discount for customers on financial assistance.
Both discounts – introduced in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic – were scheduled to end on December 31, 2020.
The company spokesman said: “The MarketPlace has a long history of supporting our communities, especially during times of need, and is therefore to extend the discounts until the end of March when it will be reviewed.”
Seth Stutzman, president of the MarketPlace group, added: “We hope this measure, combined with our additional cost savings initiatives, continues to make life a little easier during these uncertain times.
“We’re all in this together and we’ll continue to step up and play a greater role supporting our communities.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service