Holiday garbage collection day changes
Next week’s garbage collection schedule has been changed because of the National Heroes’ Day holiday on Monday.
The public works ministry said trash would not be collected next Monday and collection days for Monday to Friday will be moved to the next day.
• Garbage normally collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday.
• Tuesday’s will be collected on Wednesday.
• Wednesday’s will be collected on Thursday.
• Thursday’s will be collected on Friday.
• Friday’s will be collected on Saturday.
The Ministry reminded the public of the garbage collection areas:
• Monday’s garbage collection areas include all of Sandys Parish and Southampton Parish west up to and including Lighthouse Road from Middle Road to South Road.
• Tuesday’s garbage collection areas include Southampton Parish east of Lighthouse Road, all of Warwick Parish, and Paget west up to and including Chapel Road, S Hill and Southcote Road.
• Wednesday’s garbage collection areas include Paget Parish east of Chapel Road, from but not including S Hill and Southcote Road, up to and including Tee Street and Kent Avenue in Devonshire Parish. Also included is East Broadway, Cavendish Road, and Pembroke Parish west of Blackwatch Pass.
• Thursday’s garbage collection areas include Pembroke Parish east of Blackwatch Pass, Devonshire Parish east of Tee Street, and all of Smith’s Parish except the area east of Devil’s Hole Hill.
• Friday’s garbage collection areas include Smith’s Parish east of Devil’s Hole Hill, and all of Hamilton and St George’s parishes except the Olde Towne.
Garbage can also be taken to the Tynes Bay incinerator’s public drop-off point. Tyne’s Bay will be open on Monday from 9am to 12pm, and from 7am to 7pm every day.