Two bus routes rerouted due to road works
Two bus routes will be rerouted starting from today owing to road works in the area of Shark Hole Hill, Hamilton Parish.
Bus routes one and three will be affected in both directions until Monday, July 12.
Route one will travel up Collector’s Hill on to Verdmont Road, turning right on to Middle Road to Flatts Inlet. It will then go on to North Shore Road to connect back to route one at the roundabout at Wilkinson Avenue.
The route three bus will continue on to Flatts Inlet and North Shore Road to Wilkinson Avenue in Hamilton Parish.
Because of trench work on Harrington Sound Road, route three will also have to detour from July 14 to 21, or until the roadway is suitable.
The bus will continue on to Flatts Inlet and North Shore Road to Wilkinson Avenue in Hamilton Parish.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Public Transportation said that test runs would be carried to determine the safety of passage.
She added: “The detour will be used whenever the trenching causes the road way to be too narrow for buses to pass.
“Passengers needing transportation on route one from the Collector’s Hill bus stop to Wilkinson Avenue and passengers needing transportation on route three from Flatts Hill bus stop to Wilkinson Avenue are encouraged to find alternative arrangements when the detour is in place.
“The DPT thanks the public in advance for their patience and co-operation.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service