Insurance firm extends discount charity donation scheme
A charity donation option through an insurance company has been extended, it was announced.
CG Insurance launched “Renew. Save. Donate” in November, to give clients the chance to pass on automatic discounts from their home or motor insurance policy renewals online to charity.
The company selected the Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre, The Reading Clinic, Keep Bermuda Beautiful and Family Centre when the scheme was launched as part of its corporate social responsibility programme.
CG decided to extend the programme after the recipients took in more than $3,000 and the Bermuda Education Network, Focus Counselling, Greenrock and Meals on Wheels will benefit from a new round of donations.
Clients who renew policies at hellocgi.com will get the option to keep or donate their discount.
The four charities are shown in a drop-down menu if the donation option is picked.
The scheme is expected to run until the end of May.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service