Good Friday go-karting returns to St David’s
Hundreds lined the roads of St David’s on Good Friday as the Mohawk Grand Prix raced back into action.
While only three carts and a handful of pedal bikes took part in the Good Friday tradition – held as part of the Gilbert Lamb Fun Day at the St David’s County Cricket Club – crowds were excited to be out again after two years of lockdowns due to Covid-19.
Spectator Jerome White said: “In 2020 we had the lockdown and last year we were still stuck in our bubbles.
“It’s great to be out of the house, with friends, just having a good time again.”
Cindy Leshore agreed, saying: “It feels like things are finally getting back to normal.
“We had a hard time getting our kites up this year, but being out in the sun and enjoying the day has been amazing. Eating codfish cakes on your patio alone just isn’t the same.”
Tamina Dill said she was grateful to be able to resume traditions and spend time with her family on the holiday.
She added: “I didn’t know what to expect this year because it has been a while and I know folks have left the island. I’m happy to see people have really come out and embraced the event again.
“I’m still not used to seeing so many people out in one place at one time, but after seeing everyone out at the Palm Sunday walk last week, it’s starting to feel like things are finally opening up again.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service