Fundraiser to honour female broadcasters
A celebration of Mother’s Day this Sunday will pay tribute to six women in Bermuda’s radio broadcasting.
Activist Gina Spence said the group Strength for The Journey Ministry would host the fundraiser, from 1pm to 4pm at the Willowbank Resort Conference Centre in Sandys.
The luncheon comes with entertainment.
Ms Spence said the event would celebrate broadcasters Shelley “Thunder” Johnson, Kristy “Miss Thang” Joseph, Shirley Dill, Zarah Harper, Nikita Robinson and Beverley Howell.
Entertainment includes MC Mr Magic, jazz artist Shine Hayward, Vance Goater and Septimus.
The celebration comes with the unveiling of the “Against All Odds” award in memory of Ms Spence-Virgil’s mother.
The luncheon is from 1pm to 3pm, with the award ceremony at 4pm.
Tickets for the lunch and show are $100, while show tickets are $65.
They are available at www.ptix.bm or by calling 707-4224.
Proceeds will go to the Gina Spence Productions charity’s community outreach.
The programme for at-risk children and families also provide food, grief counselling, school uniforms, Christmas toys and medicine for seniors in need.
A same-day antigen test must be presented at the door.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service