Jewish community to commemorate Holocaust
The Jewish Community of Bermuda will hold a ceremony this evening to commemorate International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
The annual event marks the anniversary of when the final prisoners were liberated from the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp in Poland .
International Holocaust Remembrance Day remembers not only the more than six million Jews who lost their lives at the hands of the Nazis but all the victims of genocides throughout history.
Fiona Elkinson, from the Jewish Community of Bermuda, said that the event at the charity’s St John’s Road headquarters would consist of prayers and some scripture readings.
A community meal and weekly Sabbath will follow the ceremony.
Ms Elkinson said: “Everyone is welcomed to attend, but the event will be small and intimate.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service