Entries encouraged for second youth film festival
Budding film-makers are encouraged to take part in the second annual Bermuda Youth Film Festival.
The event, which is being hosted by Saltus, is open to all students aged 11 to 18, who are invited to submit short films. There are three categories — the one-minute sprint, one to three-minute shorts, and three to five-minute short films.
Entries are limited to one per category per student, but students can submit multiple entries in different categories.
All films will need to include the 2023 “signature item”, which is the MoonGate. All films that are submitted will be required to have a teacher acknowledgement form to ensure that the films meet the requirements.
Therese Bean, the head of creative arts at Saltus and founder of the festival, said: “This year’s festival promises another outstanding opportunity to have your film work showcased on the big screen at BUEI and to a live audience who can help celebrate what might just be the beginning of your film-making career.”
Last year’s competition was won by Zen Marley Mello, of CedarBridge Academy.
The closing date for entries is Thursday, May 26, and judging will take place in the first week of June. For more information and details, click here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service