Sammy Wilson Community Centre closes temporarily
A community centre in Hamilton has temporarily shut its doors after it suffered water and electrical damage last week.
The Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation said the Sammy Wilson Community Centre on Angle Street has been closed.
A spokeswoman said: “Work crews from the Ministry of Public Works are assessing the space, and all programmes that are normally held at the Sammy Wilson Community Center will be suspended until April 1, when the repairs are scheduled to be completed.
“It should be noted that those facilitators whose programmes take place at the SWCC have been notified of the disruption.
“Where possible, community programmes facilitated by community workers will continue. In some instances, certain programmes will take place at alternative venues.”
The Department apologised for any inconvenience and thanked the public for their patience.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service