Hostages risk falling into the briny deep unless spared by pirates
Hostages on the Spirit of Bermuda will either walk the plank or be spared by pirates tomorrow.
More than 30 entrants, comprising individuals and teams, are taking part in the annual fundraiser, including the chairman of Conyers, Christian Luthi, the founder of Masterworks, Tom Butterfield, Robin Peters, from Schroders, and teachers and staff from Saltus Grammar School.
People can donate online to decide the participants’ fates and all funds raised will go into the Bermuda Sloop Foundation’s educational programmes, offered to all public middle school students on the island.
The foundation’s chief executive, Robin Hamill, who is also a hostage, said: “We are very much looking forward to another exciting day in Hamilton Harbour, starting at 11am, and encourage the community to support us by coming out to watch the merriment from No 1 Car Park.
“We have some great entertainment lined up and Paco’s Tacos will be open for food.
“I am thrilled that Woman of the Year, power girl Patrina O’Connor-Paynter, is our MC and viewers may even spot a mermaid on the harbour.”
People can donate to the fundraiser until noon on Saturday.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service