Minions and Marvel to be stars of new fresh air films event
Film fans will be able to watch two family movies under the stars next month.
The Corporation of Hamilton will be hosting it’s first Fresh Air Films drive-In event of the year on April 8 at City Hall car park.
The first showing will feature Minions: The Rise of Gru (PG) starting at 6.30pm. The second feature of the night, Marvel’s Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (PG-13), will start at 8.30pm. Admission is free and gates open at 5.30pm.
Sideya Dill, the corporation’s marketing coordinator, said: “We’re excited to announce the first Fresh Air Film series of the year.
“The ever popular Minions will delight the kids and the Marvel franchise always delivers a high-octane cinematic experience. You really can’t beat the thrill of enjoying blockbusters from the comfort of your own vehicle, and all for free.”
A corporation spokeswoman added: “Movie-goers can expect some surprise guests for fun photo opportunities and Easter goodie giveaways will add to the holiday atmosphere.
“Food and snacks will be available for purchase from on-site vendors including Specialty Cinema, The Spot Restaurant, Four Star Pizza and Ashley’s Lemonade.
“Those attending are encouraged to arrive promptly as there will be premium parking for early-birds and the car park fills up quickly.
“With pandemic restrictions lifted, there will also be an area for designated bike parking.”
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be moved to April 15.
For updates on national events hosted in the City including the 2023 City Event Calendar, subscribe to the corporation’s e-newsletter, The CityZen here. The corporation can also be found on Twitter and Instagram here and on Facebook at CityofHamiltonBda
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service