People encouraged to sign up for video game design challenge
People are being encouraged to take part in the Bermuda Island Games’ second annual video game design challenge next month.
Many prizes, including a new PlayStation 5, will be offered for the best new video game concept.
Bermudian Harrison Pink, who has been working on the upcoming role player game Diablo IV, will speak at the event, which will also feature Shamari Mello, who hosted an anime event on the island last month.
A spokesman said: “As part of the company’s vision to help build a local video game development industry, Bermuda Island Games is looking to encourage the youth to explore their passion for video games and help them turn that into a potential career.”
The event will be held at the Bermuda Housing Corporation’s Church Street headquarters, from 5pm to 9pm on Friday April 7 and 9am to 9pm on Saturday April 8. Tickets, which include food and drink, are $25.
The spokesman added: “Special thanks to our sponsors the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation, Barritt’s, the Government’s Economic Development Department and Horizon Communications for making this event possible.”
Other events scheduled for this year include an E Sports summer camp, programming and digital artwork lessons and a junior video camp design boot camp.
Click here to register or find out more information.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service