Charity appoints Marion Dyer as new executive director
A preschool principal who is also trained in trauma support is to take on the lead role at a home to help women and their children.
Marion Dyer will become the executive director at the Transformational Living Centre for Families from July 1.
She is the administrator at St David’s Preschool and has worked for more than 25 years in the public school system.
A TLC for Families spokeswoman said that Ms Dyer brought “tremendous strength” to the aim of enabling women and their children “to move beyond surviving to thriving”.
She added: “Some of her many accomplishments include a master of education and human development; bachelor of child study specialising in programme development and administration; certification in parenting facilitation; Scars facilitator; as well as a certified trauma support specialist.
“Ms Dyer has also served as the Women’s Committee chairwoman for the Bermuda Union of Teachers and has trained as a hotline volunteer for the Women’s Resource Centre.”
Ms Dyer said: “I am looking forward to sourcing additional programmes and funding to meet the mission of the much needed Transformational Living Centre, as we work to transform lives one family at a time.
“This is an exciting challenge that I am very passionate about and am looking forward to working with such a caring and dynamic team”.
Elaine Butterfield, the chairwoman of the TLC advisory board, added: “Ms Dyer is a caring and empathetic leader who recognises and understands the effects of trauma on adults and children.
“As the TLC has just completed our first year in service, we look forward to her contributions and welcome her well-rounded skill set and experience, that will greatly contribute to our success in accomplishing the delivery and measurement of our strategic goals and commitment to our families.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service